Thursday, July 20, 2006

Back on the Block with Reparations

I deliberately stopped updating my blog because of events in the world during the past six months that are simply apocalyptic in nature. I wanted to look at many of them and simply see how some of them have/are played[ing] out. The Israeli invasion and destruction of Lebanon spun by most western media as an attempt to "free two Israeli soldiers" is about as unbelievable as Bush speaking today before the NAACP. More about this in a separate blog.

Viewing Al Gore's film An Inconvenient Truth a couple of months ago got me to thinking that there are simply far more important things happening on the planet that should be addressed by the entire world. It is not an exaggeration to say that most of the major environmental and social problems in the world are because of Eurocentric thinking and influence at every term. I am even more convinced that people of color and particularly Afrikans, are the "soul" of a diseased body and that they must "fix" a world that is rapidly deteriorating because of white supremacy's stranglehold on everything that really matters.

I look at shit-faced grinning Bush being the puppet of so many people who are far more wickedly clever than him. Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld, Zionists, Blair and so many others reinforce the history of this idiot that he destroys something that is relatively intact, doesn't know how to put it back together and then removes himself from the scene. Just think, three years from now he will be history, but the destruction that he has wrought on the world will be felt for generations to come.

On a more upbeat note, the AP story about the series of reparations victories is one of the more accurate pieces written about the reparations struggle. I am proud of the work done by my friends, colleagues and activists on the greatest unpunished crime the world has ever known --- the TransAtlantic Slave Trade. I've been musing lately about how reparations activists can incorporate in their message the need to repair a world that is literally dying under the weight of white supremacy in the nine areas of white supremacy discussed by Frances Cress Welsing and Neely Fuller. I will be talking about this much more, but for now:

I'M BACK ON THE BLOCK!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:18 PM

    great to have you back! GH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered why you had't written -- I checked every now and then. Some of us are less able intellectually to articulate our thoughts and feelings about some of these issues as well as you. For me you're like Roberta Flack's stranger. I have absolutely nothing to add to these words because they are my thoughts exactly. Looking forward to future journals.

    ReplyDelete