Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Coretta Scott King Joins the Ancestors

I'm writing this from Columbus Ohio and watched part of Coretta Scott King's funeral on TV. Four Presidents --- Bush I and II, Clinton and Carter were there, and it was truly an amazing spectacle. I always admire people who speak truth to power regardless of the circumstances they're in, and Joe Lowery did that when he dissed Bush II's lies about "weapons of mass destruction"...I really liked that...

Coretta's homegoing marks the beginning of the independence of the King children. Coretta and Martin never saw their grandchildren because there were none. It will be interesting to see if they marry, adopt or have children and forge a new era in the King legacy. My bet is that Dexter will marry first and that Bernice will be married within two years...we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment