Saturday, July 09, 2005

The NAACP and Reparations, Part I

I've been invited and am on my way to the National Convention of the NAACP in Milwaukee. They asked Congressman Conyers, Adjoa Aiyetoro and I to do a *three hour panel* on repations for the conference. This is a major invitation since just a few years ago, many executives at the NAACP were opposed to an organized effort of the nation's oldest civil rights organization being involved in the reparations struggle. I've prepared a summary paper on the history of the struggle and in light of the recent dismissal of the corporate reparations case in Chicago, the meeting should be interesting.

I'll report the results of the meeting tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:58 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete